Friday, May 15, 2009

Sushi Etiquette


This is from Food & Wine magazine (Sep 2005), and I've kept the hardcopy of this issue for the last four years because of this illustration.  I came across this magazine again today, so I thought I would share.  Apparently I eat sushi completely incorrectly, so I refer back occasionally to remind myself how to eat properly. (I love mixing the wasabi into my soy sauce!)

Here's the link to the original "Sushi In America" feature from the magazine.  You can find these and many other illustrations from Peter Arkle on his website.


Mmmm, fatty tuna is one of the best!

3 comments:

  1. Wow I had no idea I was doing the Wasabi the correct way - everyone always thinks I'm crazy putting it directly on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better eat that tuna fast -- it's rapidly going extinct:

    http://www.alternet.org/environment/138874/imagine_a_world_without_seafood_for_supper_--_it%27s_nearer_than_you_think/

    Extinction of an entire block of Earth's food chain -- mmm, mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait so how do you pay the sushi chef..

    ReplyDelete