Sunday, November 1, 2009

Twitter List: Cool Infographics People



Introducing, the Cool Infographics People Twitter list! 

Last week, I got a nice surprise from Twitter.  My home page featured a new, sizable banner that announced the “beta” release of lists.  I'm lucky I went to the Twitter home page, because I usually use TweetDeck for Twitter and I wouldn't have seen it.

I started with everyone from my recent post "37 People You Should Follow for Infographics on Twitter" including all of the people that had been suggested after that post came out.  I added a bunch from the datavisualization.ch post "30 More People You Should Follow for Info Graphics on Twitter" by Ben.  Finally I found a handful of more infographics people just by using the new lists function to see who else is on other lists.

I knew lists were coming out in waves, slowly letting more and more people get access to the new feature, so I was on the lookout.  I think it's been rolled out to most Twitter users, but your account needs to be enabled with lists before you can see the lists from other people.  Once your account has been enabled, you will see a new statistic "Listed" on your Home page.



This shows you how many lists that other people have created that you've been included in.  Once you start following or creating lists, a new Lists section is added to your sidebar.  Here you can see the lists that you follow or manage yourself.



Please follow the Cool Infographics People list if you use Twitter, and obvously I will continue to add more infographic people to the list as I find them.  Also, please make any suggestions you think I am missing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post Randy. I'm new-ish to twitter and kind of found it to be a chicken-and-egg sort of thing... can't find followers until I start following. So this post certainly gave me a lot of folks to follow and all in one convenient location too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete